POSITION: Sport Marketing and Event Management Internship
DATES: May 1 to August 31, 2017 *with an opportunity to start earlier (PT)
LOCATION: Liberty Village, Toronto ON.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Wednesday, April 19, 2017
You will have an integral role supporting our account leads on a new, innovative, made for TV sporting event which will bring together some of the world’s top athletes this summer. Hosted on Canada’s east coast, you will have the opportunity work with suppliers and our partners to bring this high profile, world-class event to life.
If you have a passion and extensive knowledge of sports (amateur, professional) and sports organizations and are looking to propel your career into Sports Marketing and Event Planning, then this opportunity is for you!
At Republic, we offer Strategy + Storytelling for our clients. In this role envision yourself as an apprentice - one who assists our team in developing the backstory to many of this project, all the while laying a strong foundation to a bright and exciting career. You will gain knowledge in all forms of the marketing and communication industry and develop a solid understanding of all key elements of our client work by supporting our program and project to ensure timely, cost effective, quality management and delivery.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF YOUR INTERNSHIP…
- Event Logistics
- Supplier Relations
- Liaison with Broadcast Partners
- Evaluate Sponsorship Proposals
- Participate in client status meetings
- Itinerary Build-outs
- Research – suppliers, cost comparisons and competitive analysis
- Digital and social media – coverage monitoring and reporting
YOU ARE DESCRIBED AS…
- A Sport Enthusiast
- A Team Player
- Detail Orientated and Organized
HOW WE WILL DEFINE YOUR SUCCESS…
- Deliver all work on time and on budget
- My Team Lead see me as positively contributing to Republic and our clients’ success
- Post-Secondary degree or diploma in Sports Marketing and/or Event Management
- Competent computer software skills in Mac and Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- You are looking for a fun and exciting opportunity to kick start your career
- Previous experience is a benefit
WHO WE ARE...
We free stories of passion and purpose, with passion and purpose
We are a place where talent from across marketing disciplines can come together for one purpose: to tell the stories of the brands and businesses that are making a difference - in their industries, in their communities and in our world.
What you stand for is as important as what you sell.
How We Do It.
We think like our clients. We create like an agency.
Apply to: Nettie Brown / email@example.com